The three things that make up a happy healthy life-style are eating habits. exercise, and avoiding stress. I grew up hearing “you are what you eat,” of course at the time I thought it was just a funny saying. Now I realize how much truth there is to that phrase. When I eat junk (fast food, cookies…you get the idea) I feel like crap. On the other hand when I am drinking a lot of water, eating fruit, vegetables, and staying away from high saturated fats, sugars, sodium- I feel tons better.
Then there is exercise. When I do it, I feel great. When I do not, I feel more tired, lazy, and overall just not good.
Avoiding stress is so important for health. I know I have talked about this so much in recent posts, but I just can not stress it enough (ha puny).
In these cold winter months, it can be difficult to stay healthy or even stick to clean eating and exercise. We are now in 2017 and trying to stick with health goals can be hard. Here is what I have been doing/working at;)
- Having good role models, having an awesome role model has really helped me to stick to my clean eating and daily exercise. I follow these amazing couples on Instagram, who are always posting gym pics and healthy food (this really helps). Then I have role models such as successful entrepreneurs who help me to stay motivated.
- Choose to feel good about yourself, this is probably the hardest one for me. Mostly because I find it easier to see all my flaws when I look into a mirror (my stretch marks, loose skin, lack of evident muscle , and so much more). I am working so hard-well some days are better and others not so much…but I am trying to replace these negative thoughts with positive ones ( I have lost 30 lbs since giving birth!)
- Visualize how you want to feel and look, I have been working on not seeing weight as a number, and instead focusing on how I am feeling. I want to look good in a bikini (I do not want to have to throw out all my cute bikinis!) and more important, I want to have energy to work out and the amazing endorphins after.
- Have an awesome support team-this can make all the difference. When I was in a weight loss contest last year, the real game changer was having an awesome support team. These were people who would check in with me and congratulate me on my small achievements.
- Know you aren’t perfect-slip ups and relapses may happen and it is okay..do not beat yourself up over it (I am guilty of this).
All in all-LOVE yourself!!! YOu are strong, beautiful, and can do hard things!!!
Ten days till Christmas!! This means family, fun, and food. Here are a few tips on how to stay healthy this Christmas
- Stay physically active- go ice skating, sledding, or stay in where it is warm with yoga.
- Indulge but do not over do it- it is Christmas after all and there is only so much self-control.
- Plan ahead- have healthy meals already prepared (keep them in the freezer) or keep some healthy snacks around so when you are hungry you will have a healthy alternative to all the goodies.
- Moderation- if you are drinking do so in moderation, only one glass of wine.
- Focus on your family and friends-not on food.
I wish you all a happy holiday and I hope this helps!!
As the weather continues to get colder, it is hard to leave the house for anything. In the summer, I feel that it is easy to go outdoors and get physical exercise. No wonder people gain weight in the winter months. I have started working out at home. I alternate yoga practice with muscle strengthening. I search for different workouts (without weights) on Pinterest. I love Pinterest for its easy accessibility and information. Sometimes while working out I will put on a movie or else if I am doing yoga I will listen to calm meditation music.
The winter months are no excuse to put off being healthy or making healthy choices. While continuing to make healthy choices (exercising), there will be no need to worry about having a summer bod come summer.
Love you all-Peace
Last minute/spur of the moment, my husband and his friends decided to drive to California because their voting ballots were lost in the mail. I decided to go with them and get dropped off at my parent’s house near St. George, UT. It has been so good being home! My older sister (by two years) does not work on Mondays, so we were able to spend all Monday together. I could not help but notice that she has lost weight-she is already really skinny. When she was in high school, she developed an eating disorder. She would skip meals. Being the younger sister, I also developed an eating disorder because heaven forbid I weigh more than her. After high school I figured that we both had grown out of it. I had mostly accepted my body type and weight (I am 5’7″ and my comfortable weight is around 130-135). My sister is 5’4″ and I accepted the fact that she would always weight less than me. She left for 18 months on a service mission and I remember writing her and her telling me that her biggest fear was gaining weight. I learned after she came home that she would force herself to throw up after big meals (purge). She came home weighing less than she had when she left.
Since then she has lost even more weight. I asked her yesterday how much she weighed, just out of curiosity, she hesitated and then said 113. I am pretty sure she lied and weighs less. I have no idea what to do. She does not look healthy. I was talking to my mom and we are both worried that she is still purging and restricting her calorie intake. I have no idea how to confront her. If any one has any ideas please PLEASE let me know.
In all my post so far, I have only mentioned inner nutrition and the benefits. Proper nutrition isn’t only important for inner health, but also outer health. For example hair, skin, and nails. For me I can always tell when I do not get enough vitamins, minerals, or I am not eating what I should- it shows through the appearance of my hair, skin, and nails. Recently I have noticed that my hair has been supper dry, no matter how often I wash it. I had it trimmed a few weeks ago and even after I started seeing split ends again. I know for me personally, having beautiful hair is a must. I mean who wants to be constantly fighting with dead ends or split ends?
Last week when I was sending in my Herbalife order, I ordered the strengthening shampoo and conditioner. I have now been using these for almost a week and my hair feels amazing! I think my favorite part about Herbalife is that the outer nutrition products release botanical extracts. As I was reading up on other people’s stories about the Herbalife shampoo and conditioner, I learned that it has been tested to leave hair ten times stronger. So if you are like me and want healthy strong hair, why not give Herbalife products a try?
To all my readers-Peace and Blessings!