In these cold winter months, it can be difficult to stay healthy or even stick to clean eating and exercise. We are now in 2017 and trying to stick with health goals can be hard. Here is what I have been doing/working at;)
- Having good role models, having an awesome role model has really helped me to stick to my clean eating and daily exercise. I follow these amazing couples on Instagram, who are always posting gym pics and healthy food (this really helps). Then I have role models such as successful entrepreneurs who help me to stay motivated.
- Choose to feel good about yourself, this is probably the hardest one for me. Mostly because I find it easier to see all my flaws when I look into a mirror (my stretch marks, loose skin, lack of evident muscle , and so much more). I am working so hard-well some days are better and others not so much…but I am trying to replace these negative thoughts with positive ones ( I have lost 30 lbs since giving birth!)
- Visualize how you want to feel and look, I have been working on not seeing weight as a number, and instead focusing on how I am feeling. I want to look good in a bikini (I do not want to have to throw out all my cute bikinis!) and more important, I want to have energy to work out and the amazing endorphins after.
- Have an awesome support team-this can make all the difference. When I was in a weight loss contest last year, the real game changer was having an awesome support team. These were people who would check in with me and congratulate me on my small achievements.
- Know you aren’t perfect-slip ups and relapses may happen and it is okay..do not beat yourself up over it (I am guilty of this).
All in all-LOVE yourself!!! YOu are strong, beautiful, and can do hard things!!!