- Setting a schedule- meaning, going to bed at the same time every night or even having a routine that you do before going to bed. I always brush my teeth, lather up with lotion, and read before going to sleep.
- Stretching before bed- I need to get better at remembering to do this. When I do stretch before bed my body feels so much more relaxed and it is easier to fall asleep.
- Drinking Herbal tea before bed-I do this whenever I am sick and it does wonders.
- Meditate- I have actually fallen asleep in yoga classes because of meditating at the end of practice. Meditating calms the mind and body.
- Exercise! Exercising during the day always helps me sleep better. I feel that this has to do with your body needing time to rebuild and heal muscles.
- Create a calm environment- For me I have to sleep with a fan on for noise and it helps when the room is dark.
- Reading- I mentioned I do this in my nightly routine, reading before falling asleep helps my eyes to get tired and helps my body relax.
Sleep is so important so make sure you are getting enough!!
Till next time-Peace!